There are various ways to keep your eyes healthy and keep them protected from the harmful materials in the environment and in our daily lives. But just how much do you know about what you can do to keep your eyes healthy? Use these 6 healthy eye tips from your eye doctor:
- Watch what you eat – Eating foods that are high in antioxidants helps prevent a variety of eye diseases and ensures you maintain healthy vision. Incorporate more antioxidant rich foods into your diet. Some foods that are high in antioxidants include:
- Fruit including blueberries, cranberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, plums, pomegranate, etc.
- Beans including small red beans, red kidney beans, pinto beans, black beans, etc.
- Vegetables including kale, red cabbage, peppers, spinach, lemon, red beets and artichoke
- Spices including cloves, cinnamon and oregano
If your vision has been affected or if you require eye care visit Dr. Charles Breen, ophthalmologist, at 7370 Turfway Rd. 3rd Floor, St. Elizabeth Medical Office Building, Florence, KY 41042.
This article is provided as an information resource and is not intended to replace advice from a qualified ophthalmologist. In all cases, contact your ophthalmologist for advice on any matter referenced in this document before making any decisions.