Our eyes play an important part of our daily lives and help us to see all things around us…good or bad. Take a moment to close your eyes and imagine life without the gift of vision. Your eyes aid in seeing the wonderful world around you, assist with coordination, and allow you to learn. Taking proper care of your eyes with these eye health tips from your Cincinnati eye doctor will help to keep your eyes seeing crystal clear for years to come.
- Get A Regular Eye Exam – It is amazing how many people underestimate and undervalue having a regular eye exam performed by their Cincinnati eye doctor.
- Make Healthy Food Choices – Having a diet that is high in nutrients can help to stave off eye problems and eye diseases. Your Cincinnati eye doctor recommends incorporating these types of food as part of your regular diet: carrots, bell peppers, broccoli, sweet potatoes, spinach and wild salmon. These foods are rich in Omega-3 fats, vitamin C, beta carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin which are all important to your eyes.
- Family History – Knowing your family eye history is very important to aiding in the prevention of eye problems and diseases. Do some research into both sides of your family’s history and notify your Cincinnati eye doctor of any eye related diseases or problems that you discover.
- Sunglasses – If you are going to be outdoors and the sun is shining ensure you protect your eyes from the harmful UVA and UVB rays of the sun. Also, your Cincinnati eye doctor recommends wearing a hat with a brim on it to block even more harmful UV rays from damaging your eyes.
- Quit Smoking – Did you know smoking could damage your eyes? Your Cincinnati eye doctor warns that smoking can lead to serious eye diseases.
If your vision has been affected or if you require eye care visit Cincinnati eye doctor, Charles Breen, ophthalmologist, at 7370 Turfway Rd. 3rd Floor, St. Elizabeth Medical Office Building, Florence, KY 41042.