Have you ever noticed that often times you can tell what someone is thinking or how they are feeling by simply looking at their eyes? For many people their eyes are the window to their soul. They share things with the outside world through the non-verbal communication of their eyes.
Watch for these 5 ways to read the body language of the eyes:
- Looking sideways – If an individual looks to the right it often times means their left logical brain is dominant and it indicates they are trying to remember a sound in their head. If a person looks to the left it often times means their right emotional brain is dominant and they are constructing sounds in their head.
- Looking up – When an individual looks up during a conversation it generally means they are thinking or recalling information.
- Looking down – When an individual is looking down it can often times mean they are being submissive or that they are feeling guilty.
- Widening eyes – When an individual’s eyes widen it is a sign of interest and appeal. It is a gesture that welcomes individuals.
- Winking – If an individual winks at another it generally signals a friendly acknowledgment or that those particular individuals share a secret or joke between them.
Take notice this week of other individual’s eye expressions. Were you able to pick up on their non-verbal communication through the body language of their eyes?
If your vision has been affected or if you require eye care visit Dr. Charles Breen at 7370 Turfway Rd. 3rd Floor, St. Elizabeth Medical Office Building, Florence, KY 41042.
This article is provided as an information resource and is not intended to replace advice from a qualified ophthalmologist. In all cases, contact your ophthalmologist for advice on any matter referenced in this document before making any decisions.